Hello and welcome to my world. I’m Rina Gray. Digital Marketer by day and aspiring author by night.
I know. There are a lot of “aspiring authors” out there, so why should you read my blog? The more important question is why are you asking yourself this question? Just read my blog! I’m awesome. End of story.
No, seriously, I understand. Your time is precious. Listening to my random rants and occasional streaks of brilliance is an investment of your time and I thank you for it.
Getting to know someone is like dating. I’m out of the dating game, but the other day I was talking to my stylist (trying to get my FAHN on), and she mentioned how she hated being single and dating. Her most hated aspect was the getting to know you part. The awkward parts, not the cute and enjoyable parts.
The “I didn’t realize” you liked your cantaloupe crunchy when they should be happy that you were nice enough to bring them their favorite fruit. Or “I didn’t realize” this is your lucky shirt that no one can wear! I was trying to be sexy.
Anyway, to avoid the awkwardness of “dating” me, here’s a top 10 list of random things about me. Study this. Live it. Breath it. There will be a pop quiz when I meet you in-person.
- I love music and can vibe with any genre. In fact, when I write an intense scene, I have a playlist that’ll get me in the “mood.” Aaaahhhh yeaaaa.
- I’m a huge Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings fan. Get ready for over-the-top obnoxious memes and references.
- Weakness: I do NOT have a poker face.
- I’m a Christian who frequently says: “Amen.” It’s what I do.
- Ironically, I have a potty mouth. Like all weaknesses, I blame my parents.
- I think in song lyrics. If you say something and it’s related to a song I know I’m either going to sing it out loud or in my head.
- I like to dance. I’m not very good at it.
- Gin and tonic is the way to this girl’s heart.
- Not a fan of Tomfoolery of any kind. For examples, Google Raven-Symone’
- I love werewolf transformation scenes. Yes, I know it’s weird. My favorite transformation scene is An American Werewolf in London. Ah, the drama. The pain. Great special effects for its time. The juxtaposition of an upbeat song vs. a sinister transformation. Genius, I tell ya! Pure genius.